Sauberer Phosphor 2029
The Sauberer Phosphor 2029 (Clean Phosphorus) initiative will work to champion and advocate for phosphorus recovery and recycling processes in Germany that are environmentally friendly and sustainable. Each member of the initiative is a company that deals with either wastewater management or phosphorus recovery.
In creating the initiative, its members collaborated on a position paper entitled “Sauberer Phosphor 2029” (Clean Phosphorus). The paper outlines seven agreed-upon qualities for clean phosphorus recovery.
The Sauberer Phosphor 2029 asserts that phosphorus recycling must be a process that:
- The defined targets and intentions for phosphorus recovery in accordance with the Sewage Sludge Ordinance can be achieved;
- Does not cause any additional accumulation of pollutants on fields, arable land, or cultivated areas;
- Separates phosphorus recovery into product and residual material fractions in a manner that assures quality regardless of the composition and pollutant load of the starting material;
- Fosters independence from the import of phosphorus through reliance on domestic sources;
- Produces clean and universally applicable, marketable phosphorus products that are needed and further processed in the established structures of the phosphorus processing industry;
- Removes the pollutant substances from the material cycle;
- Enables separate recovery of as many valuable materials as possible from the ashes.
These key positions will be featured prominently in public advocacy efforts by the initiative and its members.
Initiative members of Sauberer Phosphor 2029: Gelsenwasser, MSE Mobile Schlammentwässerungs, PTC-Parforce-Technology Cooperation, Parforce Engineering und Consulting, KSR Klärschlammrecycling Bitterfeld-Wolfen, BioSolid GmbH, Fels Vertriebs und Service GmbH & Co. KG, Phosphorgewinnung Schkopau and Ragn-Sells.